Empower Tennessee is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Independent Living Assistant.
For consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, professional resume, and online application form via the button link above by December 16, 2022.
TITLE: Independent Living Assistant
POSITION: Regular, Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director
The Independent Living Assistant (ILA) assists in providing direct services to individuals as well as works with other agency staff to provide opportunities for people with disabilities to live independently through services such as information and referral, peer support, skills training, advocacy, and support for transitions to community settings. The Assistant incorporates the Independent Living Philosophy (i.e. client-directed goal setting, dignity of risk, peer mentorship, etc.) in interaction with consumers and the community at-large. In all circumstances, the Assistant represents and advocates for Empower Tennessee and its mission and fosters meaningful collaborations with consumers and like-minded community partners to achieve strategic goals. The Assistant exhibits the values of empowerment, partnership, fairness, accountability, intersectionality, sustainability, and knowledge in completing job duties.
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and/or facilitating Peer Support activities to empower clients with learning and social interaction opportunities;
- Assist in creating outreach materials and other communications to reach our audiences;
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and/or facilitating social media engagements on agency-approved platforms;
- Participate in and/or assist with agency programs, meetings, events, and/or initiatives, as assigned;
- Document all program activities and client interactions per established timelines and standards.
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures;
- Participate in agency meetings and events;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or agency;
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative as agency priorities change and/or environmental circumstances warrant;
- Demonstrate professionalism and initiative in performing all duties.
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year degree, required;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Independent Living philosophy and disability rights movement, required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to link clients with, community resources, required;
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as customer service acumen, required;
- Organized, disciplined, self-motivated, flexible, and cooperative work ethic, required;
- Working knowledge of, and skill with, computer systems/applications, required;
- Demonstrated ability to respect and empathize with people of diverse backgrounds/experiences, required;
- Ability to obtain Level 5 Federal Suitability via an extensive background check, required;
- Regular access to reliable telecommunication connections, required;
- System knowledge of disability-specific resources, including, but not limited to: TennCare and related waivers, DIDD, Special Education, post-secondary training, assistive technology, accessible housing, accessible transportation, community living, preferred;
- Personal experience with disability, preferred;
- Fluency in language(s) beyond English (including ASL), preferred.
Posted qualifications serve as a guide for candidate review and are not fixed in stone. Empower Tennessee reserves the right to deviate from posted credentials in determining what combination of candidate education, experience and skills are best suited to a position.
Empower Tennessee is an equal provider of services and an equal opportunity employer—Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.A