Empower Tennessee is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Information and Referral Coordinator.
For consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, professional resume, and online application form via the button link below by September 4, 2020.
TITLE: Information and Referral Coordinator
POSITION: Regular, Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director
The Information and Referral Coordinator is the initial point of contact for consumers (people with disabilities) and other interested parties, particularly those who walk-in, call-in, or e-mail the agency, who are seeking or inquiring about services from Empower Tennessee. The Coordinator provides information regarding available agency programs as well as referrals to relevant community resources. The Coordinator also organizes the supplies and materials required by the agency and staff to perform operational and program duties, as well as other administrative tasks, as assigned. The Coordinator incorporates the Independent Living Philosophy (i.e. client-directed goal setting, dignity of risk, peer mentorship, etc.) in interaction with consumers and the community at-large. In all circumstances, the Coordinator represents and advocates for Empower Tennessee and its mission and fosters meaningful collaborations with consumers and like-minded community partners to achieve strategic goals. The Coordinator exhibits the values of empowerment, partnership, fairness, accountability, sustainability, and knowledge in completing job duties.
- Greet all visitors to the agency and provide information and referrals to meet the visitor’s request;
- Answer agency main telephone line and provide information and referrals to meet the caller’s request;
- Monitor agency main fax and email addresses and provide information and referral to meet the sender’s request;
- Update and maintain referral database of community resources and contacts;
- Coordinate and prioritize functions of agency operations (i.e. digital calendars, supplies, equipment, program materials);
- Support and provide, as necessary, Independent Living core services to people with disabilities, including: information and referral, peer support, advocacy, skills training, and transition activities in the achievement of consumer goals;
- Coordinate with program volunteers/interns, as needed, to effectively integrate program goals with an engaged and meaningful experience;
- Document all activities and interactions according to established standards.
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures;
- Participate in agency meetings and events;
- Represent agency in inter-organizational or community meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or agency.
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year degree, required;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Independent Living philosophy and disability rights movement, required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to link clients with, community resources, required;
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as customer service acumen, required;
- Organized, disciplined, self-motivated, flexible, and cooperative work ethic, required;
- Working knowledge of, and skill with, computer systems/applications, required;
- Demonstrated ability to respect and empathize with people of diverse backgrounds/experiences, required;
- Ability to obtain Level 5 Federal Suitability via an extensive background check, required;
- Regular access to reliable transportation, required;
- Willingness to work primarily in an office setting, required;
- System knowledge of disability-specific resources, including, but not limited to: TennCare and related waivers, DIDD, Special Education, employment, housing, strongly preferred;
- Personal experience with disability, strongly preferred;
- Fluency in language(s) beyond English (including ASL), strongly preferred.
Posted qualifications serve as a guide for candidate review and are not fixed in stone. Empower Tennessee reserves the right to deviate from posted credentials in determining what combination of candidate education, experience and skills are best suited to a position.
Empower Tennessee is an equal provider of services and an equal opportunity employer—
Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.